Okay. This pie crust is amazingly simple, & I swear, the lazier you are the better it comes out.
1) Use forks instead of hands AS MUCH as possible
2) Use COLD butter & ICE COLD water
3) Don't over do it (legit for once in your life, BE LAZY)
- 2 sticks of CHILLED BUTTER, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
-1/2 cup ice cold water
- put dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar) in a bowl.
- whisk together
- add butter into dry & take two forks (or a pastry cutter) and cut butter until the butter chunks are about the size of a pea (they can be larger)
- add ice cold water and continue to mix
- if needed, use your hands briefly to form into a ball.
- cover in saran wrap & leave in the fridge for up to 3 days until use.